We are currently looking for an experienced Area Sales Manager to manage and maximise all sales activities in a defined geographical area, whilst maintaining positive relations with our customer base. This role is both office based and in territory so, occasional nights away may be required.
As an Area Sales Manager for the business, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identify and maximise sales of self-propelled crop sprayers, both new and used.
- Develop good relations with new customers in your territory whilst maintaining strong relations with existing customers; advising and instructing customers in the safe and efficient use of our products.
- Work to achieve or exceed planned sales targets and goals.
- Responsible for producing accurate customer quotations and order confirmations.
- To attend all UK shows and exhibitions when required which can also include customer factory visits.
- To plan alongside the Senior Manager, the efficient use of all company demonstration machines; demonstration of machines when required which will require the ability to deliver and operate the machine at customer premises.
- Responsible for provision of accurate specifications, descriptions and photographs of used machine trade-ins.
Essential skills we would like:
- Product knowledge within an Agricultural environment & previous sales experience
- Ability to listen and understand on a technical level – GPS, Precision Ag technology
- Target driven, self-motivated and present a professional image
- Ability to influence and persuade to close a deal
- Excellent communication skills, both face to face and digitally (over the phone and email)
- Full UK driving licence
Desirable skills we would see as a bonus:
- Knowledge of farming practices and agronomy
- Competent operator of agricultural machinery
- Willingness to undertake training for sales skills, product knowledge.
- PA1 & PA2 would be advantageous
What we can give you in return:
- Competitive Salary, dependant on experience
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- Company pension scheme, annual holiday entitlement
Interested in joining the team? Send us your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]